Skip to content
- Minera Mantos de Oro, a subsidiary of Kinross Gold, on the acquisition of the mining concessions held jointly with Cominor in the La Coipa gold and silver mine. Mantos de Oro took full ownership of the assets by creating a spin-off of their joint venture, which subsequently bought from Cominor.
- Yanghe, a subsidiary of the state-owned chinese group Jiangsu Yanghe Distillery, on the acquisition of a 12.5% stake of Viña San Pedro Tarapacá, a Chilean listed company, for approx. USD65 million.
- IFM Investors on the sale of Pacific Hydro, a renewable energy company with assets in Australia, Chile and Brazil, to State Power Investment Corp. of China. This deal was recognized as Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year of 2016 by Latin Finance.
- Westchester, world leader in the administration of agricultural assets, on the acquisition and administration of agricultural land and water rights and on all their legal matters in Chile.
- China Water & Electricity Corporation, a subsidiary of the Chinese state group Three Gorges Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world, on the establishment of its agency and other operations in Chile.
- Esval on reviewing title reports for the acquisition of water rights and also, general advice and legal opinon on high complex issues on this matter.
- Copihue (Ferrero Rocher) on a due diligence of water rights for a purchase agreement, and on advice in the administrative procedures to acquire water rights for the development of its agricultural activity.
- Kinross on permanent legal advice in the design of water rights legal strategy, water rights consolidations and advice on judicial and administrative procedures for the development of its mining projects Lobo Marte, Mantos de Oro and Maricunga.
- Pacific Hydro and its subsidiaries Hidroeléctrica La Higuera and Hidroelectrica la Confluencia on permanent advice on the design of water rights, and on the legal strategy and regulation of permits for the development of its hydroelectric projects Chacayes, Coya, Pangal, Los Arándanos, Nido de Águila, La Higuera y La Confluencia.
- Latin America Power on water rights matters regarding some conflicts during the construction of the transmission lines related to hydro power plant projects Carilafquén and Malalcahuello.
- Origin Energy on the acquisition of 51% of hydroelectric company Energía Austral from Xstrata Chile for USD150 million, project whose total investment was approx. of USD4 billion.
- AMX de Chile (Eike Batista Group) on the closing of the sale of water rights and other related assets to Minera Escondida, operated by BHP Billiton and other agreements related to underground water exploration.
- Surelec on the successful challenge in court of several judicial opposition actions to its water usage rights for hydropower development.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Water Law, Best Lawyers (2016).
- Recognized in Energy, Water Law and Mining, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Mining & Metals and in Energy, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Water Law and Natural Resources Law, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Project Development and M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Mining, Who's Who Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the board of the Chinese Chilean Chamber of Commerce.
- Chilean Association of Water Utilities Sector Lawyers.
- Vice-Chair of the Environmental Committee, Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
- Founder and current Chair of Asociación de Energías Marinas (ADEMAR).
- Professor of LL.M. in Water Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2014).
- Foreign Associate, Projects and Corporate Groups, Herbert Smith Freehills, Melbourne and Perth (2005-2006).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad del Desarrollo (1999-2002).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (1998).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Author of several articles in the field of natural resources law in specialized legal journals and financial publications.
- Lecturer in seminars and conferences in the field of natural resources law.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., University of Sydney, Australia (2005).